Every single human being on earth is filled up with equal miraculous powers and has no differentiation of any type at all between a poor and a rich. No individual being is empty from inside and has the presence of same Soul which truly belongs to Bhagwan Shiv Shiva.Siddhi powers are obtainable by meditation, control of the senses, devotion, mantras etc. Seeking Siddhi powers is often discouraged and considered to be an impediment to spiritual advancement. All the Ashta Siddhis and Nava Nidhis are present inside every human body in equal means.
The Ashta Siddhi (eight siddhis) in Hinduism are as mentioned below :
- ANIMA – Reducing one’s body even to the size of an atom .
- MAHIMA – Expanding one’s body to an infinitely large size.
- GARIMA – Becoming infinitely heavy.
- LAGHIMA – Becoming almost weightless.
- PRAPTIKA – Having unrestricted access to all places.
- PRAKAMYA – Realizing whatever one desires.
- ISITVA – Possessing absolute lordship.
- VASITVA – The power to subjugate all.
The Nava Nidhi (nine types of wealth) in Hinduism are as mentioned below :
1. PARKAYA PRAVESH – Parkaya Pravesh means one’s soul entering into the body of some other person or animal or bird. Through this knowledge even a dead body can be brought to life.
2. HAADI VIDYA – This vidya or knowledge has been mentioned in several ancient texts. On acquiring this vidya, a person feels neither hunger nor thirst, and can remain without eating food or drinking water for several days at a stretch.
3. KAADI VIDYA – Just as one does not feel hunger or thirst in Haadi vidya, similarly in Kaadi vidya a person is not affected by change of seasons, i.e. by summer, winter, rain, etc. After accomplishing this vidya, a person shall not feel cold even if he sits in the snow-laden mountains, and shall not feel hot even if he sits in the fire.
4. VAYU GAMAN SIDDHI – Through this Siddhi a person can become capable of flying in the skies and traveling from one place to another in just a few seconds.
5. MADALASA VIDYA – On accomplishing this vidya, a person becomes capable of increasing or decreasing the size of his body according to his wish. Hanuman Ji had miniaturized his body through this vidya while entering the city of Lanka.In Hanuman Chalisa it is also mentioned “Asht sidhi nau nidhi ke data asbar dina janki mata”
6. KANAKDHARA SIDDHI – One can acquire immense and unlimited wealth through this Siddhi.
7. PRAKYA SADHANA – Through this sadhana a Yogi can direct his disciple to take birth from the womb of a woman who is childless or cannot bear children.
8. SURYA VIGYAN – This solar science is one of the most significant sciences of ancient India. This science has been known only to the Indian Yogis; using it, one substance can be transformed into another through the medium of sun rays.
9. MRIT SANJEEVANI VIDYA – Through this knowl edge even a dead person can be brought back to life.